Friday, August 14, 2009

Mixing Metals

For today's post, I wanted to answer an interior design question. People frequently ask if they can use different metals in a kitchen. My recent project in Tucson answers that question beautifully. We installed copper counter tops beneath the stainless steel hood & range top. Metallic ceramic subway tiles add depth & sparkle to the back splash & provide a nice contrast against the alder cabinetry. I love the way this kitchen came together & I know my clients do too!
photo Puerta Bella Interior Design, Susan Crabtree

6 comments:

Elizabeth Bergesen said...

Very pretty and nice use of metals!!

Taryn Zerner said...

Holy Moo! You did this? UNBELIEVABLE! I absolutely LOVE it!

I am in love with your blog and must follow it! I love interior decorating - just love it, and your ideas are right up my alley! :)
You were also very kind to pay my blog a visit and comment on my Wizard of Oz basket purse! I appreciate the feedback!

Love,
Taryn

Mira said...

Wow, the tiles are sure neat. Didn't know something like that existed. Probably because I haven't had a chance to design a kitchen!

Happy SITS Saturday Sharefest!

Unknown said...

Love it. I mix metals ALL the time and people get in such a panic over it!! LOL!

Anonymous said...

I love that kitchen. I never thought of using copper as counter top material. Brilliant. How does it wear?

Anonymous said...

I love that kitchen. I never thought of using copper as counter top material. Brilliant. How does it wear?