Saturday, January 2, 2010

NYE Sleepover

Every New Years Eve, we have a sleepover with our best friends & all of our kids. This year, it was at our house. My hubby made a DELICIOUS New Years Eve feast of prime rib & crab legs. We drank champagne & played board games, boys vs. girls (GIRLS WON AGAIN, 3 YEARS IN A ROW!).

For the kids, I made a countdown box to help them ring in the new year


every hour, they got to open the surprise bag


filled with all these goodies


my head is still ringing from the horns (or it could be all the champagne)


did I mention my head is still ringing???


they LOVED the noisemakers


and the whistle necklaces


everyone wrote down their wishes for the new year


& placed in our wish boxes which we will open next new years to see if any of our wishes came true


the favorite activity of the night was throwing streamers off the balcony & popping all the poppers


How did you spend your New Years Eve?

7 comments:

A Blissful Nest said...

What a wonderful way to bring in the new year!! LOVE it!!

Amanda @ Serenity Now said...

What a FUN way to celebrate New Years Eve!!! :) If our home was large enough, I'd start planning for next year right now. :)

Donna @ Party Wishes said...

What a fun NYE! I like the idea of bag opening at different hours.

We go to my mom's and play board games and eat Chinese food. We turn on CNN and watch the ball drop in NY-it's 9pm in Los Angeles!

Happy New Year!

Dawn said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog!
Wonderful ideas! Especially like having something for the kids to open every hour. My boys were proud they made it till 10:30 :)

NYCGAL said...

Happy SITS SATURDAY!!
Great pics!! Looks like you all had a great time!!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Alexis said...

Great ideas! We do the same thing with our best friends and their kids every year (except this year they had a wedding to go to!). LOVE the idea of opening the party "goods" package every hour and the wishes for the next year. Can't wait to use them on 12/31/10, sounds like a long time but I am sure it will be here before we know it! thanks...