Monday, February 28, 2011

Girls Oscar Night In

My hubby brought me these beautiful yellow roses for our Oscar Girls Night in 


when the girls arrived they filled out their ballots


put on their Oscar flower rings


& selected their BINGO cards


During the red carpet, we enjoyed our appetizers (everyone bought their faves) & piled around the tv to watch the show.  I set up a yummy snack table for all the girls, close to the sofa for easy access


popcorn, carmel corn, candy, & of course CHOCOLATE

the True Grit Lemon Bars & Black Swan Brownies were a big hit

We laughed, talked & enjoyed all the beauty, glitz & glamour!  Did you watch the Oscars? Who wore your favorite dress?  My best dressed vote was Anne Hathaway-I thought she was absolutely STUNNING!  Favorite speech?  I adore Natalie Portman & her speech was so sweet & endearing.  I also thought Randy Newman's acceptance was hilariously smart & Collin Firth was adorably charming.  Who were your faves this year?

For more of my Oscar party details click here, here, here and here.

(printables from HWTM, Twig & Thistle, & How About Orange)

18 comments:

Christi Bennett @ pisforparty said...

Such a cute set up! It makes me want to host an Oscar Girl Night In next year! Sharing on FB now. =)

testing 1 said...

Love it! Gotta get you on FB/Twitter, I'm sharing this right now!

Setting the Mood said...

Sooo cute!! Well done!

Chris @ Celebrations At Home said...

Very cute - I love the colors and different graphics.

Amanda said...

i'm all over this idea for next year! great lookin goodies :}

Unknown said...

LOVE what you did.. I think I might steal your idea for the American Idol Finale..lol
You did a Fabulous job
I would love for you to come and visit me over in my blog land
www.luxecoutureinteriors.blogspot.com

Bellenza Wedding Bistro said...

Your party looks fabulous...but best of all are those gorgeous roses from your husband! (Btw, that American Idol finals party idea from Christina is a good one!)

Jen said...

Wonderful job! The treats table looks fabulous!

J+S said...

Sounds like so much fun!

Allred's said...

I'm in love with the Oscar Rings and the black and yellow theme. And what a sweetie as a husband!! Thanks for sharing!

Shelley said...

Everything looks wonderful! What a fun night to spend with friends!

Shelley@DivinePartyConcepts

Unknown said...

Great party Susan! You did a fabulous job! I thought Jennifer Hudson looked fabulous! I hadn't seem her much since American idol!

Kathleen said...

Great party. Fantastic hostess. Wonderful treats.

Melissa said...

You are so amazing. Love that treat table!

I agree about Anne H--why was James F being so lame???
xoxo!

Enchanted Expectations said...

So pretty. I love the colors and the set up

Keli said...

LOVED this party you threw for your girlfriends!! Just curious if you made your black Oscar flower rings or purchased them? If so, would you mind sharing where you purchased them? Thanks! :)

Unknown said...

Keli-I made the flower rings-they are super easy & inexpensive to make!
http://puertabella.blogspot.com/2011/02/oscar-jewelry.html

amy & lisa said...

Lovely!