Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Basketball Jam Birthday

I had so much putting together my son's 12th birthday party this year! He loves basketball & plays year round so it was an obvious choice for his birthday theme! For the dessert table, we based it around the "Crabtree Court".


I lined the court with cutest lockers for all the "players".  For the backdrop, I used mini NBA pennants and a light up basketball light I found at Target. 


I ordered the awesome jersey cookies from The Cookie Loft Girls.  Tricia customized the jerseys with his name, age & team colors-they are absolutely darling! 


Tricia also made the basketball cookies which I placed on homemade chocolate cupcakes. Yum! I made  basketball Oreo balls, complete with foam finger toppers in our bleachers! 


Every athlete needs some Gatorade to wash it all down. 


A shot looking down the court...


Fun fun fun! 

A night time shot of the court including "lasers" for the half-time show! 


Who doesn't love a basketball full of airheads? 


For game time, the boys played NBA2014 in the Game Truck! 

 
Here's a quick shot of all the boys eating pizza after the big game! 


For favors, each boy got their own locker filled with basketball cards, Gatorade chews, foam finger, finger light lasers & a ref whistle! 


Linked to: Tip Junkie & The Sunday Showcase 

3 comments:

Setting the Mood said...

Oh.my.gosh!!!! Sooooo great!! Genius idea with the little lockers!! Amazing as usual my friend! !

Jailyn's Wild Adventures said...

Where did you find the lockers?

Unknown said...

Jailyn you can find the lockers on amazon!