Friday, August 28, 2009

Homemade Pazooki

My boys always want to go to Oregano's (a great local pizza place) for their Pazooki. Pazooki is a large chocolate chip cookie, baked in a skillet, which is served slightly undercooked and right from the oven. If that wasn't enough yummy goodness, they top it with vanilla bean ice cream. The ice cream starts to melt from the heat of the cookie and soaks in with ultimate perfection. Imagine my delight this morning when I saw this on Martha Stewart! Why didn't I think of making this before? I love how the food stylists cut perfectly proportioned slices-we won't have time for that at my house. All we need is spoons, glasses of milk, and I will have some happy boys!

Ingredients
Serves 8

2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
1/2 cup sugar
3/4 cup packed light-brown sugar
1 large egg
2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups (about 9 ounces) mixed milk- and semisweet chocolate chips
2 pints vanilla ice cream
Caramel Sauce
Directions
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, and salt; set aside. In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream butter and sugars until mixture is light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Add egg and vanilla; mix until they are fully incorporated. Add flour mixture, and beat until just combined. Stir in chocolate chips.
Transfer dough to a 10-inch ovenproof skillet, and press to flatten, covering bottom of pan. Bake until edges are brown and top is golden, 40 to 45 minutes. Don't over bake; it will continue to cook a few minutes out of the oven. Transfer to a wire rack to cool, 15 to 20 minutes. Cut into 8 wedges. Serve warm; top each wedge with a scoop of ice cream and some caramel sauce.

6 comments:

H.I.T. said...

Ummm...this looks amazing. Think it would count as breakfast?

Pollyanna said...

Oh. My. Goodness.

My husband would love me forever (as if he doesn't already) if I made this for him. I'd never be able to get away with "break 'n bake" chocolate cookies again.

I'd love to have you drop by my place: Life Makes Me Laugh

Karen said...

I can't wait to try this!!!

Sydney said...

Happy SITS Saturday Sharefest! Cute blog with yummy ideas!

Nicole @ WhenDidIBecomeMyMom.com said...

Cannot wait to try this. Looks delicious.

Happy SITS Saturday Sharefest!

the mommy said...

Ummmy making this for New Years Day treat