Tuesday, October 20, 2009

We've Been Boo'd!

Sunday night, there was a frantic knock on our door. We opened the door to find a ghostly package filled with Halloween treats & a note from the goodie ghost! Every year in our community, neighbors and friends play the Boo'd game. For those of you who are not familiar, it starts with an anonymous gift left on your doorstep. Inside the package are Halloween goodies, a "We Have Been Boo'd" sign, and a list of instructions. It is then your turn to select 2 families in your neighborhood, make ghostly goodie bags,copies of the instructions & We've Been Boo'd sign (the sign is to hang in your window or front door to let others know that you have already been boo'd).
My boys love delivering their ghostly gifts! This is what my stealth ninjas delivered last night to their friends:




Our Boo buckets we gave contained Halloween cupcake mix & frosting, Ghost Peeps, silly string, glow sticks, & lollipops. It is a fun tradition we look forward to every year! Why not start one in your neighborhood, office, or family?

10 comments:

Amanda @ Serenity Now said...

Wow! They really went all out. My MOPS group did BOOing last year, and it was lots of fun. :) I wish my neighborhood did stuff like that. I tried to "Elf" some houses one year, but it didn't go anywhere. :(

Ink Obsession Designs said...

That is such a fun idea! I love it!

Lisa Anne said...

WOW what a great idea. I live on a court where we all have block parties and stuff. Next year I totally want to try this!

Unknown said...

Skip to my lou posted a cute Boo'd door hanger template:
http://www.skiptomylou.org/2009/10/20/booing/
It might help you get inspired to start one in your neighborhood!

Unknown said...

we were boo'd with the same buckets!!! This is my favorite time of the year...just love it!

Stacy said...

That is such a cute idea! I don't think it would work in my neighborhood but man I wish it did.

denise @ little ant design said...

Susan, those buckets are so so cute. I love this tradition - it is one our family loves too.

Jennifer Haas said...

Ohh, my gosh. How cute I love the idea. We are going to start that for sure!!!!

Thanks for visiting my site and leaving a comment. I am going to follow your site, it looks too cute, and maybe I can get somemore great ideas!!!

Flea said...

Oh what fun! Boo!

Thank you for stopping in at my blog! I've been a bad blogger the last few weeks, but I'll be making the SSS rounds this weekend. Thanks for the kick in the pants! :)

Unknown said...

This is such a good idea....I am going to start this next year....I can't this year but I love your bucket of goodies. Where did the lollipops come from, I wonder, I love lollipops, and these are so cute!!!!! Sandy