Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Advent Calendars

My boys love our tradition of advent calendars & wake up excited every morning in December to discover a small treat or toy. They each have their own in their room & go to sleep each night with excitement & anticipation. Even the smallest of gifts delivers the biggest smiles as they know it was chosen specifically for them. It is one of our many cherished holiday traditions in our family. If you don't have one in your home, I found some creative advent calendars for you to enjoy with your family.










(photos via Garnet Hill, Martha Stewart, Garnet Hill, Etsy, Martha Stewart, Oh Happy Day, Etsy, & Reeves Farm)

5 comments:

Live.Love.Eat said...

These are all adorable. I'll have to look to see if we'll get one this year. Depends on if my 6yo would get a kick out of it.

Thanks for sharing in my SITS day on 10/29. STILL playing catch up!!

Tiffani said...

I've always wanted one of these - do you put the gifts in beforehand or each night?

Unknown said...

Tiffani-Yes, every night starting on November 30th until Christmas.

Detailsprmrm said...

You forget the KaiserCraft Advent Calender. Check it out.

Jess said...

I LOVE advent calendars-- some of my best Christmas memories come from taking turns opening up the days with my siblings! The stockings are adorable!