Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Thanksgiving in Silhouette

If I was hosting Thanksgiving at my house this year (it is still my Mom's tradition), I would create a tablecloth with silhouettes of all my family members gathered around the table (somewhat similar to Martha's creation below except in black and white). Or perhaps I would have cookies or silhouette tags as place cards, black and white silhouette china, and throw some pillows (my pug Coco would look incredible) around for good measure. Maybe next year........






(photos from Martha Stewart, cookies from Peggy Porschen, tags from Seasame Letterpress, Country Living, and Thomas Paul)

5 comments:

Donna @ Party Wishes said...

Love the silhouettes! My turkey day is also hosted by mom. When do I get a turn?

Dorkys Ramos said...

Wow that's a lot of silhouettes in that final picture, but I love that plates and pillows!

And I hosted dinner last year for the family since we'd never been the "sit down at the table and eat together" type of family so it was nice to have a semi-traditional dinner. We'll see if I host again this year.

mommakin said...

This is a neat look.

Michelle said...

Those are so pretty! But i just don't know how to do it!

Christi Bennett @ pisforparty said...

Love this post! Lots of inspiration for me. =) I'm working on a silhouette party right now!