Thursday, April 1, 2010

How To Egg A House

I know, you think I have lost my mind-what exactly am I teaching my children? How to have fun, of course! I saw this idea from eighteen25 on Simply Creative Insanity this morning. We hung this sign on a few of our favorite neighbors doors,


filled eggs with our favorite Easter candy & hid them all over their front yards


wrote a note from the "Easter bunny"


filled baskets with some Easter treats & left it on their doorstep


rang the doorbell & RAN for cover! We could hear the kids screaming with excitement & happiness as they searched for their eggs. It was such a fun night with my boys, running around our neighborhood, creating a little Easter magic.

8 comments:

Kendra@My Insanity said...

That's a really fun idea! (Hope they don't read your blog. :-))

I got those same baskets from Target for my kids, this year (purple for the girls). I thought they were pretty cute!

Donna @ Party Wishes said...

That's adorable! We always love to share the holidays with our neighbors!

Happy Easter!

amy & lisa said...

I love this idea....too bad I wasn't on the ball and got something like this together for my nieces! They would LOVE it.

Tegan | Celebrate Twelve13 said...

That is a GREAT idea. How fun! I love that I live in a neighborhood where we know our neighbors-- there is not enough of that these days.

Unknown said...

Thank you so much for the shout out! We had so much fun doing this one as well! Happy Easter!

Missy's said...

You are so thoughtful and generous. How fun to surprise friends like that. I think I will need to steal that from you. The gift of giving.

CAKE Creative Co. said...

you have the best ideas... this must have made your neighbor's day! i'm going to have to store it in the memory bank for next year. :)

Ashlee Marie said...

What a great idea! Doing something as a family that's silly and fun is great! I'll totally have to do it next year! Thanks for stopping by my blog!