Thursday, August 25, 2011

Candy Corn Milkshake

One of my sweet readers wrote me about my red, white & blue shakes we made for July 4th & asked if I was creating any milkshakes for Halloween.  I immediately thought of candy corn & what a cute shake idea it would make!  I loved the way they turned out & they are so easy to make!




To make our candy corn shakes,  I started with a batch of homemade vanilla ice cream (you could use store bought ice cream as well).  Divide ice cream into 3 equal parts in 3 separate containers. Place the container with the plain vanilla back into the freezer. Mix up 1/3 of vanilla with yellow & the remaining 1/3 with orange gel color. Fill your glasses 1/3 full of yellow ice cream & place back in the freezer to set. Follow with 1/3 orange allowing each layer to set up in the freezer.  Fill the glass with the plain vanilla & top with whipped cream & sprinkles!  Enjoy!

(Linked to:  Sunday Showcase, Today's Creative Blog, Tip Junkie , Ta Da Tuesday, & Skip to My Lou)

24 comments:

Marianne said...

Another great idea for me to steal. Thanks!

Unknown said...

really cute!

Kathleen said...

Could you start with dark chocolate syrup at the bottom to simulate the black?

These look yummy!

J+S said...

What a cute idea! What is that spider web lovely wrapped around the glass?

Have a great weekend!

~Jenifer

Unknown said...

J-the spiderweb is a scrapbook paper ribbon. :)

Bonnie @ Uncommon Designs said...

Love this idea!! Thanks for sharing!

Raejean said...

My daughter's ready for the fall too. She asked me to make pumpkin pie.

I shared a link to your post on my Friday Favorites.

amy & lisa said...

Oh looks SO yummy! and the glass, how cute. :)

Anonymous said...

Fun fall treat!

J+S said...

Oooh, thanks - I'll look for those in my store. I have got to repost this. It's so adorable!

~Jenifer

Sugar Swings said...

love this! been looking for halloween treats already too :)

Teri said...

So very cute! You are very creative. I can't wait to use this. I linked to you from Made by You Monday! Thank you

Ashley J @ MommyByDayCrafterByNight said...

How cute is this?!? I love it! What a fun idea for halloween! I would love it if you would link this up to my Ta-Da Tuesday link party starting tonight at midnight!!

http://mommybydaycrafterbynight.blogspot.com

xoxo, Ashley J

Venassa said...

I love milkshakes. Very cute idea!

Lindsay said...

This looks *almost* too cute to eat. Great idea and how creative.

btanders said...

OMG! I LOVE this! I always have a halloween stamping party. I will HAVE to make these as treats for my guests! Thanks for much for sharing!

Chef in Training said...

LOVE this! It looks so cool!

I would love it if you would share this and/or any other projects you have been up to at Tuesday Talent Show at Chef In Training! Plus there is a fun giveaway too! Thanks so much and I hope to see you there!
-Nikki
http://chef-n-training.blogspot.com

Emily @SweetlyScrapped said...

They look great! I just saw your post on martha stewart DID :) LOVE it!

Domestic Engineer Diva said...

Will try and make these!!!

Susan @ Oh My! Creative said...

Great idea!

Chef in Training said...

YUMMY! Thanks so much for linking up to Tuesday Talent Show! I would love to have you stop by and link up again today with more great projects!
-Nikki
http://chef-n-training.blogspot.com/

Barbara's Beat said...

MOMtreprenuer Baker of the Day: Halloween Candy Corn Milkshake
http://barbarasbeat.blogspot.com/2011/10/momtreprenuer-baker-of-day-halloween.html

AMS said...

Sounds great, but what if you used sherbert for the other colors...

Black Ribbon Society said...

Where do you suggest to get the "gel color"?