Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Holiday Card Displays

Yesterday, we received our first Christmas card in the mail (really??? mine aren't even finished!) I like to display our cards of friends and family during the holidays & found some great ideas for this holiday season! This year, I am recreating this card garland (without the clothespins) on our staircase...













(photos via Martha Stewart,Good Housekeeping, Pottery Barn, Parents, Sweet Paul, Country Living, Martha Stewart, and Better Homes & Gardens)

How do you like to display your holiday cards?

7 comments:

Melissa said...

I usually do something like the cards on the ribbons--I used to have to put them up high because of a kitty who liked to pull them down, and I still put them up high because of a toddler who does the same. So I put them on either side of a door frame molding . . . but this inspires me to spruce it up a bit . . .

And don't feel bad; I am not even doing cards this year! Next year, next year, I swear . . .

Shelley said...

What great ideas! I might have to do the staircase one too. Please share any pics if you do it :)
Shelley@DivinePartyConcepts

2Wired2Tired said...

I usually put them on our fireplace mantle but want to do something different this year. Thanks for all the photos - they gave me some great ideas. They're all so beautiful and hard to choose just one!

Dana V said...

I like the staircase idea (with the clothespins if they're painted/decorated). Sadly, our current house doesn't have a staircase that is good for decorating. I have a clothespin thing I got from Target a few years ago - each pin has a letter to spell Merry Christmas and then snowflakes on the end. I stretch it across our mantel. Before that I used to tape them around one of our archways.

J+S said...

Oh I love your blog and ideas!! Where is the picture of the little card Christmas tree advent from? That is just too cute.

~Jenifer

Lipstick said...

Wow! I love all of those ideas (and I love your blog too)!

Unknown said...

Jennifer-The Christmas Tree advent is from Parents.com