Thursday, September 15, 2011

Coffin Invitations

Last week, one of my design clients hired me to plan her daughters Spooktacular birthday party!  Our birthday girl wants a Halloween themed event.  This week, I have been working on the invitations.  I think that a great invitation gets guests excited for the party & sets the tone for the event!  I hope the guests are excited when they receive her birthday invitation in this glittered coffin....



The boxes started out like this!  I found these unfinished wood coffins at Michaels.  When you open the lid, a creepy & scary laugh greets you ( I think the kids will love it! )  I painted the entire coffin black & added a final coat of glitter.  I made pinwheels for the top of the coffin to add a little dimension.


Inside the box, I placed the invitation scroll nestled within candy corn & a  black glittered spider.


I am considering adding a small banner that reads, "Open if you dare" across the pinwheel.  Do you think it needs it or should I leave it the way it is? Either way, I think the kids will LOVE opening this invitation!

(Linked to:  Show & Tell Saturdays, Somewhat SimpleSunday ShowcaseToday's Creative Blog & Tip Junkie)
Post a Comment