Thursday, September 15, 2011

Coffin Invitations

Last week, one of my design clients hired me to plan her daughters Spooktacular birthday party!  Our birthday girl wants a Halloween themed event.  This week, I have been working on the invitations.  I think that a great invitation gets guests excited for the party & sets the tone for the event!  I hope the guests are excited when they receive her birthday invitation in this glittered coffin....



The boxes started out like this!  I found these unfinished wood coffins at Michaels.  When you open the lid, a creepy & scary laugh greets you ( I think the kids will love it! )  I painted the entire coffin black & added a final coat of glitter.  I made pinwheels for the top of the coffin to add a little dimension.


Inside the box, I placed the invitation scroll nestled within candy corn & a  black glittered spider.


I am considering adding a small banner that reads, "Open if you dare" across the pinwheel.  Do you think it needs it or should I leave it the way it is? Either way, I think the kids will LOVE opening this invitation!

(Linked to:  Show & Tell Saturdays, Somewhat SimpleSunday ShowcaseToday's Creative Blog & Tip Junkie)

8 comments:

Elizabeth said...

fabulous! Great invites!

J+S said...

They turned out sooooo cute! I don't think you need the banner across the top. I love them the way they are.

~Jenifer

CWBD Parties said...

WOW - very cute Susan - I think they look great!

Nicole said...

Fabulous! Definitely an invitation they'll always remember!

Marianne said...

What a creative idea! I think they're fine as is.

PaperVine said...

These look amazing 0 I love the sweets inside!

I am having a scrapbook giveaway on my blog at the moment - drop by and visit!

Lowri
http://papervinenz.blogspot.com/

Margaret said...

OMG this is adorable!! What a creative way to announce a party!! Forget about the kids- I want one!
As your newest follower I would love love love it if you linked up to my link party, T.G.I.F. ( Thank God I'm Finished) at Rummage Living, here's the link: http://www.rummageliving.com/2011/09/t-g-i-f-thank-god-im-finished-link-party-and-favorites/

Hope to see you there, and great job!
xo,
Margaret@RummageLiving
www.rummageliving.com

Marci Coombs said...

I adore these invitations and I adore your blog!!! I made some up just like these with a slightly different twist on my blog:

http://marcicoombs.blogspot.com/2011/10/halloween-invitations.html

Thanks for being so creative!
xoxo
Marci